Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pizza with Leek, Mushroom & Prosciutto

 Is a pizza really a recipe? I suppose it is, just a really really simple one! I've shown you how to make my pizza dough before, and my pizza sauce so this is really just a collection of toppings that i enjoy! And i hope you will too.





ingredients (Serves 3)
  • 3 pizza dough balls (see recipe here)
  • 1 cup pizza tomato sauce (see recipe here)
  • 2 leeks
  • 250gm button mushrooms
  • 6 slices prosciutto
  • 2 cups mozarella cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil

Method


Finely slice the leeks

Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat
Add the leeks and saute for 15-20 minutes or until well softened and slightly golden
Thinly slice the mushrooms.

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat

Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes or until softened and most liquid has left the pan
Roll out your pizza base
Top with 1/3 the tomato sauce

Top with prosciutto, then leeks, then mushrooms, then cheese

Season pizza with salt, pepper, and a swirl of olive oil
Place in pizza maker or on a hot pizza stone in a very hot oven until cooked.
Repeat for remaining pizzas and enjoy


3 comments:

  1. As usual scrumptious recepie from you:) I make my own pizza.The only thing is I stopped buying ecxpansive mozarella and use cheddar instead;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm this looks way too good, I need it now! Love the combination of mushroom and leek together, never would have thought to put leek on a pizza but it looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I hate the price of mozzarella too! I love buffalo mozzarella but it's ridiculously expensive so i rarely have it :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails