Ok so this one was a bit of a throw together. My lunches for this week are rosemary lamb fillets with tabbouleh. The rosemary lamb was pre-marinated so not much to show you there! So i thought i'd put up the tabbouleh i made. Sorry about the shocking photos.
Ingredients (per serve)
- 1/4 cup bourghul (in the health food section of your supermarket, or go to a health store or specialty deli)
- 3/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped.
- 1 large scallion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- About 2 inches of cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
Soak the burghul in a bowl of cold water for 1 hour then drain well.
Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.Note: It should look a lot greener than this; when i made it i used too much burghul so i have already adjusted the recpe.