Saturday, November 7, 2009

'Traditional' Tzatziki.... sorry George!

I've poached another recipe from George Calombaris, however i've changed it up a bit to suit my tastes! Tzatziki is equally my favorite dip, along with French Onion, and 'New Zealand Dip' which my friend Darryl introduced me to (ill see if i can nick the recipe sometime). 


George called this 'Traditional Tzatziki' and it certainly tastes markedly different from the stuff that i am used to. I actually prefer regular tzatziki, however this one is worth a try for something different. I was hoping that this would be the rich, creamy tzatziki that is served at Hellenic Republic. But i'm still on the hunt.



Ingredients
500gm greek natural yoghurt
1 cucumber
1/3 cup olive oil
1tbs white vinegar (though i prefer the zing of lemon)

1tbs maluka honey (George says double the amount, but it was too sweet for me)

1tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt


Method (kinda basic!)


Split the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Then dice into 1/2cm cubes. 



Add all other ingredients and mix
Refridgerate until very cold. 
The dip will improve overnight.
Serve with bread, crackers, or sticks of carrot and celery!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails